Has fear, shame, control and “sin” been used as tools to manipulate you?
Are you strong enough to acknowledge that you have been lied to?
Are you willing to admit to yourself that you have been a victim and that you need help?
Stages of control of Christianity in one’s life:
- Becoming more and more preoccupied with church/bible study
- Excessive church attendance or reading bible
- Using church/bible/prayer to avoid life and/or problems
- Compulsive thinking about or quoting scripture
[The above is the loss of control stage.]
- Compulsive church attendance or quoting of scriptures
- Obsessive praying, proselytizing, witnessing, attending revivals and crusades on a frequent basis
- Excessive financial contributions
- Increasing dependence on “the Lord”
- Feelings of guilt if you miss a church function
- Refusal to think, doubt or question Christian teachings or authority
- Inability to sensibly discuss religious issues
- Church attendance, prayer, and religious activities begin to interfere with work or school
- Feelings of powerlessness
- Preaching that sex is evil, dirty
- Feelings of shame over nudity, your body, or the bodies of others
- Feelings of hatred or resentment towards others who have different beliefs
- Lengthy crusades, mission work, communes
- Smiley mask– this is an advanced stage of Christianity where feelings are denied and an artificial pasty smile is worn at all times. This is blatant evidence of extreme denial
- Black and white simplistic thinking
- Strong feelings of low self-esteem, shame, self-hatred, blame.
- Excessive fasting or using food to “feed” other areas of your life that are seriously lacking
- Proselytizing on the job= job loss
- Progressive isolation, breakdown of relationships
- Watching only religious programs on TV; excluding any non-religious programs
- Avoiding secular activities (entertainment, education)
- Inability to take any personal credit for achievements- always giving the credit to “the Lord”
- Not taking any personal responsibility, relying on “the Lord” to control your entire life
- Cries for help; mental, emotional, physical breakdown= hospitalization
One or more of the above indicates there is a serious problem.
“Secular power systems protect and promote religions which teach of an afterlife. Thus, people are taught to abandon defenses against the predators of this life.” – David Lane
“Any religion or teaching which denies the Natural Laws of the Universe is false.” – David Lane
“The only real truths are in Nature and in Nature’s laws” – Ben Klassen
For a broad study, visit the 88 Precepts section of 14 Word Press Revival : https://14wpr.wordpress.com/88-precepts/
For a more in depth study, read Nature’s Eternal Religion by Ben Klassen : http://creativityalliance.com/eBook-BenKlassen-Nature’sEternalReligion.pdf
Print flier here: https://www.docdroid.net/QILUMSJ/breaking-free-flier.docx.html